Monday, April 22, 2019

Black Spot

I’ve been worried about my rosebush for a little while now.  Some of the leaves had developed black spots, and the infection seemed to be spreading. After a little research on the internet, I learned that black spots indicate a fungal infection. The effected foliage needed to be trimmed away as soon as possible. So I went outside with the shears and began.  It was worse than I thought. All that’s left of my beautiful plant is a stick with a couple of buds on it.  This got me thinking about how God, the master gardener, must feel when he discovers sin in our lives.  It starts out as just a tiny spot no one really notices, but left unchecked, sin spreads like a fungus. Suddenly its everywhere.  How I grieved as I cut back branches of the rose bush.  I think the Lord grieves the same way has he prunes the sin out of our lives.  Sometimes he has to cut away big hunks. Like when Aslan helps Eustace remove his scales in The Voyage of the Dawn Treader. If you haven’t read it yet, its one of the Chronicles of Narnia, recommended by Pikachu in the last post.  Go read it!

- Redbud

No comments:

Post a Comment